Friday, September 30, 2011

CARD: Chinese Text (Alternative)

Have you ever wished that there were Chinese text wordings other than English fonts? You are not alone. I found myself in that weird situation, wondering should I just make out something with the English fonts that I have, or try and make a Chinese characters thicker-lookalike myself.

I started out with writing the Chinese characters on blank pieces of A4 paper many many times, until I can perfect my every stroke. The depth of the stroke, the size of the character and more. In fact, I also tried writing the phrase a few times on my actual patterned paper and compared all that I've written before choosing the better one.


Eventually, this was what I settled for, it may not be the best looking Chinese characters in the world, but it was the best my hands could offer me late in the night on that pieces of patterned paper. I was basically comparing the size of the characters in the phrase, whether was it proportionate, was every stroke clear and of correct strength and depth. As though looking for the best calligraphy work.


I distressed the sides, my latest toy is distress ink (!!!). In fact the characters in the image above is also distressed. It gives a very nice old edgy look after distress. ;)


Leave a comment below if you know where I can get Chinese thickers-lookalike, thankew! :D

♥Xin! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment