Tuesday, November 8, 2011

CARD: 12" by 12" Cards [Samples 3]

This card was completed with quite a mixture of materials. First, I used the Chinese text that I wrote and distressed, more info in previous post


I then cut out a border that I wanted from another piece of paper and distressed it too. Neatly trimming off the yellow parts that I do not want so I get a clean strip of ticket stub. (:



This was the colour of distress ink that I used, after I distress it, I crumpled it to make it a rugged and tough material.


As for my text letterings, I also placed it on patterned paper before cutting it out and distressing it just as how I did to the Chinese text.


As for my message, I stayed with using the trusty textured brown paper, but also pasted on another patterned paper and distressed before using.


This is the 2 different patterned olive coloured paper and a dark brown base paper used in this whole project.


Additional fonts that I added in was 'boxed' up with patterned paper also.


And I shall leave you with a few shots of how the final piece looks like.



Wished I had created more contrast with the colour of fonts and text I used, instead of black colour only, so that it could stand out more. Otherwise, I'd say it is quite an interesting card for the first-timer distress ink user! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment