Friday, September 2, 2011

CARD: Pocket Page Mini Album

They call it the pocket page mini album, see the youtube video below for more details. (:




This is interesting as it helps me save up on time, instead of cracking my head for fresh new ideas on decorating 3 different full pages, I'm only decorating 2 pages and 3 small tags! ;) It's really fun to do for one who likes to get their hands messy, doing the folds and glueing the various points up, very origami-style.

I managed to try it out in the wee hours of the night, with whatever materials that I have on hand. That explains why some of the things looks very out of place, other than that, all is well. Heehee. This is the overall look!


With the 3 different 'tags'. I choose not to do tags and did small cards instead as I did not have the luxury of time and materials to do so. It's a pity though.




I realise that the video doesn't tell us a couple of important things, so I though I could list you a few points you want to take note off while doing. Cause I learnt it the hard way. ):

#1. Keep your glue or tape area narrow, as it will determine how big a tag you can make.
#2. Try to use materials of the same theme throughout the paper and tags.
#3. Use standard patterned paper for best effects, standards, lines, colour.
[Note: The video's card looks neat at the end, while mine had 2 flowers meeting half-way, it doesn't link up.]

Conclusion? It was worth the fun! I tried this! How about you? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment