Thursday, October 14, 2010

GIFT WRAPPING: Paper Bags

Have you ever wondered if you can just make your own paper bags instead of buying them from gift shops? :D I do! Personally, there's a sense of achievement when I fold it myself, and especially if I can customise it specially for my friend! (Be it writing his/her name on it, decorating or using papers that fit his/her personality!) Another good reason for us to be doing it ourselves? It will be environmentally friendly if you'll be using recycled paper, let's do our part for the earth as we gift too!

Here's a Youtube video done by a group of students from Raffles Girls School. The video may not be very clear because of the effect/lighting that they use, but you can follow the instructions. (= This is a very simple form of paper bag.



Ain't a risk taker? Well, here's a simple video that teaches you how to fold your simple "envelopes", you can always use one for your cards or your small gifts (Suitable for accessories, small toys, cards/notes). Shortest, simplest, easiest!



As for the creative buds, or those who prefer to customise their gift bags, here's one example that I found!



It'd be interesting if you'd use materials from crepe paper to cotton, it's all up to your imagination and how you want it to look like! ;) I'm going to experiment one of myself for a gift! Check back soon as I update about my own paper bag!

Cheerios! (=

No comments:

Post a Comment