Friday, October 15, 2010

GIFT WRAPPING: Paper Bags (Follow-Up)

After looking at those Youtube videos my own hands got itchy! Call it my disease or something, or plain curiosity, haha! So I decided to try it myself. It's not my first time doing it, but it is my first time using construction paper. And I realise... wrapping papers are a much better choice. For a fact that we don't need to decorate it should it look too plain, and construction papers are too thick! The folds don't look as nice as the sleek thin folds from wrapping papers. (Here's a tip for you!)

I did the paper bag according to the first Youtube video and tried to customise the paper bag using the last video's steps/suggestions. Check it out! ;)

As the paper was very thick, the folds look really awkward... ):


For the top, I simply folded it to the back...



And sealed it with tape. (Not a very good choice, but I don't have any other things with me for now) You can always use glue instead, or stick it with a lovely sticker. (=


Using the method from the Youtube video to create the effect. 2nd tip to offer: Cut the shape out before folding the paper bag. As my paper bag was very small and thin, it is not possible for me to place my cutting board in it, also it was hard to cut with even a normal penknife when needing to avoid cutting the next surface. [The letter 'M' isn't cut very neatly.]


Some efforts to make it nice, some sticks, some decorations and more...



Shall leave you and your creative imagination to think how the final product looked like and how your very own paper bag can look like!

YIPEE! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment