Monday, November 12, 2012

Post-It Culture (:


Ever since I'm exposed to work that requires me to be seated to a desk, I've been pretty good friends with Mr Post, It. I'm quite surprised to find how widely used it is in my current office. Post-its to inform, post-its coming with sweet gifts and thoughts. It does perk me up when I'm having one of my in-the-gutters days. Like these photos here, are mostly post-its with love gifts. (:

Chocolates, sweets, fruits, drinks, instant porridge, instant noodles and today's big surprise Breakfast Set. I believe anyone would melt at it! What more a foodie, or a hungry over worked colleague? (Remember the recent stats of employers being fined for having too many employees clocking too many OT hours? Kee!) Nonetheless, the stress is here to stay, so is the post-it culture! So, what to expect? What to do? How to jump in the post-it wagon?

Well, just do it! It may start off as a reminder or as a form of communication regarding work (because e-mails are too draggy and cold at times too). Perhaps, just leave a short quote at the start if you aren't sure what can bring a smile to your colleague. Need one? Here's one. "Do you know it takes much lesser facial muscles to smile than frown? SMiLE TODAY!", or my favourite... Just draw a smiley face! Nothing much than an arc and 2 dots. That'd make a good start!

No post-its? Paper and with sticky tape works too! ;) Just be sure not to tape on their computers or personal items should it be hard to remove. Safest option, get some post-its! Grab a pen and a post-it today!

Cheers
♥ Xin! (:

TIP: Click on the images to view in full size. 




No comments:

Post a Comment